Friday, December 19, 2014

Tying up Thailand

I'm home safe - dealing with the fun jet lag that comes from a 12 hour time difference. :)

I made a commitment this trip to be really present and not take as many photos. What I did take are all up on my Flickr here.

This trip was amazing. I'm sure part of it is because it was my first trip to Asia, the first time I've traveled without family in a while, and just because of where I am at in life. I also think it was huge to travel with a group and to have the entire trip planned for me.

Since this trip was part of an Entrepreneur's retreat the entire thing was planned by Insouciance Abroad. Leading up to the trip I was really uncomfortable with this lack of control, I've always planned my own trips and been completely aware of and in control of where I go when so to decide to go. So for me to decide to go on a trip, to a new place, without anyone from my comfort zone, two weeks before we leave AND have no control - man! The thing is, that was what made the trip so cool!

The people in the group were AWESOME. Not having to worry about what was coming next freed me up to be present, and focused and really enjoy each and every experience. I knew when I agreed to go that there was a reason I was going and it was true.... :) I think it will take time for all of the reasons to really sink in and reveal themselves. This was definitely a key part of my personal journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment